World Fantasy Convention 2021 Dealers’ Room
The 47th World Fantasy Convention will be held from November 4th through the 7th at the Hotel Bonaventure Montréal, in Montréal, Québec, Canada. It may be late in the year, but please know there is still space left for anyone still wishing to apply.
Important deadlines to remember
Application deadline: October 1st, 2021. October 9th, 2021
Brokerage Services Request deadline: September 1st, 2021 contact:
About the Dealers' Room
The Dealers Room is juried. The World Fantasy Convention reserves the right to select dealers and to limit the amount of table space assigned. Books are given priority, preferably new or collector’s editions. Art and art-quality hand-made jewelry may also be included; however, costumes, costume parts, knick-knacks, games, and toys are not considered appropriate for the Dealers' Room. Prior WFC experience and the type of merchandise offered will be considered. We reserve the right to make the final decision.
No applications will be accepted after October 1st, 2021. October 9th, 2021
Dealers will be responsible to collect and submit sales taxes (GST and QST) if applicable.
Customs brokers are available to help out-of-country dealers to prepare paperwork in advance of arriving at the border if traveling with their merchandise. We will have a system set up to facilitate cross-border shipping and customs brokering of merchandise. Questions may be sent to . Anyone needing brokerage services should contact us before September 1st, 2021.
Shopping in our hybrid convention
Personal shoppers will bring customers (via Zoom on a portable device) to your table. They will facilitate both payment processing and shipping directly from the Dealers' Room. Please ask us for more details!
|1 Table1, 2 Chairs||1753||1453|
|1 or 2 Additional Tables1
|Discounted memberships (max 2)2||200 ea.||170 ea.|
- Tables are 72” long by 30” wide.
- Additional memberships (beyond the two discounted memberships available to dealers) may be purchased at current membership prices
- Prices include applicable sales tax (5% GST, 9.975% QST). Includes reductions announced Oct 1.
Dealer's approval process
The Dealers Application Form must be completed before the deadline (October 1st, 2021. October 9th, 2021).
Once you are approved by the jury, we will confirm your space by email.
Payment must be received within two weeks of the confirmation date in order to secure your space. Payment instructions will be given in the confirmation email.
Dealer spaces are non‑refundable.
We recommend that there should always be someone in the assigned space while the room is open to the public. Please note that the convention will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- No solicitation or pressure sales.
- No outside food or drink is allowed inside the Bonaventure Hotel. This includes both sales and consumption. The Bonaventure hotel has a tolerance for bottled or sealed beverages and small snacks (ex.: granola bars) but reserves the right to demand that you dispose of any food or drink, or that you leave the grounds, at their discretion.
- There is no smoking anywhere within the hotel.
- Dealers and staff must be attending members of the 2021 World Fantasy Convention.
- Exhibitor badges cannot be transferred, sold, or lent. They must be worn by all exhibitors at all times.
- Exhibitors can only operate within their assigned space. Dealing from hotel rooms is not allowed.
- Dealers should inform us in advance if they wish to share tables. Further, dealers may not sublet space on their tables without asking and receiving permission to do so.
- Installations may not be higher than 9’, must be considered safe by a World Fantasy 2021 staff member, and can not be supported by the walls nor lean on them to avoid damaging them in any way.
- Nothing can be outside of your designated space nor hinder the circulation of attendees or other exhibitors that need to move in and out of their space.
- Nothing can be hung, taped, glued, or otherwise attached to the Bonaventure Hotel walls.
- You may not use electrical outlets without having requested them prior to the convention.
- At the end of the convention, the exhibitor must leave their space as it was upon their arrival. The exhibitor must assume all responsibility for any repairs or material damage they may have caused.
- Merchandise for sale must be lawful and legal in and of itself and not be in violation of any copyright, patent, or trademark. The sale of any bootleg or illegally imported items is specifically prohibited. The burden of legitimacy is on the dealer.
- Any type of raffle, draw, or a game of chance with a cost associated with it is not allowed.
- Exhibitors must respect the policies set by World Fantasy 2021, as well as the Bonaventure Hotel, and must comply with any directives of the staff of both organizations.
Dealers must agree
Dealer agrees that neither the World Fantasy Convention (hereinafter the Convention) nor its management, either individually or as a group, shall be responsible for merchandise that may be lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed while on Convention premises or during transport to or from the Convention.
The Convention leases space to dealers to display and sell merchandise. Dealers are solely responsible to make certain all merchandise displayed and/or sold at the Convention is lawful and legal in and of itself; that it is not in violation of any copyright, patent, or trademark; that it was obtained in a lawful manner; and that its display and/or sale does not violate any statute or ordinance.
Dealers warrant that all merchandise does comply with these requirements and agree that the Convention and its management, separately or collectively, shall be held harmless in case of any violation, and shall make good any damage, cost, loss, or penalty incurred by breach of this warranty.
The Parties hereto have expressly agreed that this Agreement as well as all other documents relating thereto be drawn in English. Les Parties aux présentes ont expressément convenu que ce contrat de même que tous les documents s’y rattachant soient rédigés en anglais seulement.
THE DEALER MUST ATTEST THEY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE to abide by the terms outlined above (PDF version can be found here) and the Convention's Code of Conduct.